Thats me in blue with cycling friends at Lake Taylor NZ

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Little River Big Bike Day

This post has little to do with most of the other topics I have done, but it's still about "living my faith; sharing my life".

Oct 31st a group of friends are planning a cycle ride that will be a big challenge for us. I thought I could share this with others.

Yes for those who enjoy the outdoors and an increase in your heart rate then this is for you.

This is open to everyone who has a bike and likes to bike.

When: Oct 31
Time: 8.30am
Where: Little River
What to bring: Mountain bike, all whether clothing (layers), plenty of energy snacks and drinks.

Format: We meet at Little River and leave at 8.30. Those who want a smaller challenge could base themselves at Little River cycle the Rail Trial and enjoy some good coffee.
• The rest will leave our comforts and head on a gentle flat ride along Wairewa Pa Rd, Kinloch Rd, and Okuti Valley road; all sealed with some nice bush.
• Then we turn into Reynolds Valley Rd for a good uphill puff, from the flat up to 680m! Along Bossu Rd to Jubilee Rd.
• A quick downhill slide till we reach Wainui and for some wonderful harbour vista we amble round till Barry’s Bay.
• Now as we value your safety we have decided not to go up to Hill Top by the main road.
• Travel on towards Duvauchelle but turn off at the Duvauchelle Stock Route and again climb from about 100m to 450m to the Summit Rd.
• Around some undulating rods to Harman’s Track and it’s all down hill to Little River for a coffee.


This should cover approx 50KM. Rain or shine.

Now you might say “I can’t do this, my little legs will not go round and around that many times, my bum is too soft.” Well don’t despair we have almost two months to get into shape

Now I hope to get some photos on the page at some future time, just to wet the appetite.

No comments: